Health & Medical
Organizations & Associations
News & Weather
Science & Technology
Order your Knoxville Planning Guide here.
Official site of NASA's Hubble Space Telescope. Read news of Hubble's latest discoveries, view galleries of stars, planets, galaxies, and nebulae, and learn more about the science behind this remarkable telescope.
The Forensic Anthropology Center - Dr. William M. Bass arrived at The University of Tennessee Knoxville in 1971. He oversaw the development of the forensic anthropology program at UTK, which culminated in the creation of the Forensic Anthropology Center within the Department of Anthropology. Many resources for students, researchers, and law enforcement agencies are available.
Federal Government Institutes
• American Museum of Science and Energy - The American Museum of Science & Energy, being an educational institution funded by the United States Department of Energy, is a center for exploration dedicated to personalizing science and technology.
• DOE, Oak Ridge Operations - Oak Ridge Operations is very diverse, with major national programs in energy research, national defense, reindustrialization, and environmental cleanup. We are based in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, and are responsible for managing programs and facilities in five states. Oak Ridge Operations is one of eight major Department of Energy (DOE) operations offices located across the United States.
• Environmental Protection Agency, Atlanta
• Federal Government Agencies
• Lockheed Martin Corporation - Lockheed Martin is one of the world's leading diversified technology companies. We research, design, develop, manufacture and integrate advanced technology systems, products, and services for government and commercial customers around the world. Business areas span aeronautics, space, systems integration, and technology services.
• Energy, Environment and Resources Center - The Energy, Environment, and Resources Center at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, conducts high-level, multidisciplinary research using the intellectual resources of the University and its regional partners. This research seeks to find real-world solutions to problems in the fields of energy, environmental resources, technology, and economic development.
• Ijams Nature Center
• Foundation for Global Sustainability - FGS is a multi-disciplinary advocacy and activist organization which monitors and addresses social and environmental issues in the Upper Tennessee Valley and the Southern Appalachian Mountains.
• Knoxville Gem and Mineral Society
• Knoxville Recycling Coalition
• American Physical Society